Friday, September 12, 2008

Hey, sorry I've been gone...

Stupid computer problems... Ugh...

Well anyways, not only did the Revolutionary Road trailer get released, but also Changeling and The Soloist, and only in a matter of minutes, the Doubt trailer will be released on the Apple Trailers website.

And yes, I realize that I have been a little late on this, but in case you have been living under a rock for the past 2 days and have not seen any of the trailers, here they are:

Revolutionary Road (Entertainment Tonight Preview)



I loved the little preview, hopefully there is more to the trailer when it is actually released. I think RR will be a huge contender, and though I am only in the middle of the book right now, I was like watching the trailer and pointing out some things from the book and seeing how they are adapting Richard Yates's words. I think it will be such a great movie, and I have such high expectations for this movie. I think it could get a Best Picture nomination, let alone a win, as well as getting nominations for Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, who I really hope that this time can be her time to shine! I have to admit, maybe it was just the ET preview, but I was surprised to see no Kathy Bates in the trailer at all... But I think Sam Mendes will make another masterpiece, it looks beautiful!

Changeling



Angelina Jolie is a lock for a Best Actress nomination! She looks so amazing in this movie, and with all the positive reviews from the festivals!... Clint Eastwood, I can tell, has done a great job with this movie. I can't wait to see it!

The Soloist



I will admit, I was expecting a bit more from this movie, but after watching it a second time, it seemed better then when I watched it the first time. Robert Downey Jr. looks great in this movie! I really think that if the studios push him for Best Supporting Actor that he could get a nomination, and that nomination would also represent a "career nomination" as well for Tropic Thunder and Iron Man, but of course The Soloist is more "oscar-friendly." But then again, it seems as if he shares the lead spot with Jamie Foxx, but I would say that the studios should pull a Javier Bardem, who was lead with Josh Brolin in No Country For Old Men, and campaign him as supporting.

EDIT: Doubt (just released)



I have to say, maybe it's because I didn't see the play or read the script, but I didn't realize that Meryl Streep's character would be so bitchy... I'm not sure if Doubt will be a Best Picture contender, but I have to say, it seems more like an acting piece, where it may just as well get 3 or 4 nominations for acting (Streep, Hoffman, Adams, and Davis). I have to say, PSH looks good here. I actually wasn't expecting much from him, but he may surprise when the movie is released, the same goes for Amy Adams, who I love! She is just such a great actress! Hopefully she can get her second nomination!

No comments: