Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Who will win Best Lead Actor in a Drama Series this weekend?



I think out of all the catagories, this catagory is anyone's game.

The nominees are:

Gabriel Byrne (In Treatment)
Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad)
Michael C. Hall (Dexter)
Jon Hamm (Mad Men)
Hugh Laurie (House)
James Spader (Boston Legal)

Now, I would quickly choose Jon Hamm. I love Mad Men (I hope it wins Best Drama Series) and he recently won the Golden Globe, but I am still debating with James Spader...



Check out this video (this is the only youtube video that I could find that was "embed" and it is only half of Spader's huge speech, but I'm sure you can find the whole thing on youtube, I just couldn't post it here. Also, be warned, this video of Spader's speech has many disturbing images attached to it, so I am warning you now. You will see...):



Now if we recall, James Spader has never lost any of the times he was nominated, between The Practice and Boston Legal. And who can forget last year when he beat James Gandolfini. HUGE upset! But this seems to be the year for him to win it, as he has the winning scene, but do the emmys want to pass the torch on? Remember, Hugh Laurie has still not won an emmy yet for House...



But then again, the Emmys are known for surprises. Who knows, maybe Bryan Cranston or Michael C. Hall will win... Seriously, this catagory is up in the air. So here's my rundown:

Who Will Win: James Spader (Boston Legal)
Who Should Win: Jon Hamm (Mad Men)
Who Am I Ok With Winning: Hugh Laurie (House)

No comments: