Monday, September 8, 2008

The Wrestler. Springsteen's Song Leaked, Fox Searchlight Picks Up, Clips Released, Is It Really An Oscar Contender?

To start off, hear it while you can, In Contention has Bruce Springsteen's song for The Wrestler. And I have to say, its a very beautiful, soft, acoustic song. This will surely be a contender for Best Original Song at the Oscars this year, and it should definetly make "Rock Me Sexy Jesus" seem scared - http://www.incontention.com/?p=1746

And since we are on the topic of The Wrestler, not only did it win the top prize at Venice, but it was just picked up today by Fox Searchlight Pictures. Just recently, Fox Searchlight Pictures also picked up another hot Oscar contender from the festivals, Slumdog Millionaire. And also in The Wrestler news, here are the first few little clips from the movie along with an interview with Darren Aronofsky and Mickey Rourke from The Associated Press.



But then again, it is kind of funny to see that this movie is being considered as Oscar worthy after seeing this video:



I don't know, maybe I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but this really doesn't seem like the Oscars's cup of tea... Especially with these photos of Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei (a bloody wrestler and a stripper). I think it will actually turn Oscar voters away. I mean we are talking wrestling and strippers here, people! I dont know. I really just don't get it...:


The song is really good, kudos Bruce, I love it, but even though The Wrestler just won over at Venice, I really am still not completely sold on this yet, but maybe I should just see the movie when it comes out, but I'll be damned if the Oscar voters open their arms really wide for this movie come nomination time...

No comments: